Staying Safe at Drusillas
WE ARE OPEN!
Drusillas Park is open with most of our attractions and facilities operating, although there are still a few attractions which continue to remain closed under latest government guidelines, please visit our COVID-19 What's Open page or for any questions you may have please visit our COVID-19 FAQ page.
We've worked hard to ensure we are doing everything we can to make the Park safe for our staff and our visitors. We are following government guidelines closely and have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment, the results of which are summarised below. These measures and guidelines have been put in place to ensure everyone has a safe and enjoyable experience at Drusillas Park.
Managing Visitor Numbers at Drusillas
We are asking all visitors (excluding Annual Members) to book tickets online (by 11:59pm the day before your visit) to guarantee entry. Online tickets are significantly cheaper than our gate prices to encourage visitors to book online and as such there is no reduction in price for our 'at the gate' tickets. Please note that we are operating a dynamic online pricing policy so prices may change according to date and demand, but are guaranteed once purchased. Everyone who has pre-booked online tickets will be GUARANTEED entry but those that pay at the gate may be restricted if we become too busy.
Please be aware that due to current government guidelines you are only able to visit the Park in a group of up to six people (including children) unless you are from one household or your support bubble which is larger than six.
Staying Safe in the Park
We have introduced numerous social distancing measures, which are in place to keep everyone as protected as possible, these include;
- Reduced visitor capacity
- Enhanced cleaning regimes
- A one-way system through the zoo
- Floor markings to indicate social distancing requirements
- Increased sanitiser stations throughout the Park
- Social distancing on our rides
- Increased signage around the Park
- Hygiene screens at counter tops
- Greater space around our seating areas
- Limited visitors in our toilets and shops
- 'Order & Collect' service from our Explorers Restaurant
- Keeper Talks will not take place to avoid crowds
- We've been awarded the 'We're Good to Go' Industry Standard mark from Visit Britain (see bottom of the page)
- Face masks are required when entering our shops, indoor zoo areas and when ordering and collecting food.
As well as the measures listed above, we also kindly ask visitors to play their role in protecting themselves and others around them by adhering to the following guidelines:
- If you have Coronavirus symptoms, please do not enter the Park. If you develop symptoms during your visit please contact NHS 111
- Please take responsibility for your own social distancing whilst in the Park
- Wash your hands regularly and use the hand sanitiser dispensers provided
- We recommend also bringing your own sanitiser, so you can use it whenever you want to
- Follow the one-way system through the zoo to see all the animals and do not double back
- Please keep your distance from the animal enclosures and refrain from touching the glass
- Use contactless payments wherever possible
- We kindly ask you are patient with our staff and volunteers as they adapt and get used to all the new changes
Please be prepared to make sensible choices for yourself and your family
Whilst we are confident we are doing everything in our power to ensure your safety, we ask that as an extra level of protection you use your own good judgement as to what would make yourself and your family feel safe:
- If an area looks too busy please be make a sensible decision to come back to that bit later.
- Whilst we have a strict cleaning regime in our play areas, they are unsupervised and we therefore ask that you make an informed decision whether you want your child to use our play areas.
- If you feel someone is not respecting your social distancing, please make the sensible decision to step back.
- We understand that children find it very hard to understand social distancing, so please supervise your children at all times to ensure your children obey the signage and don’t touch the glass or run too close to others.
Please follow these guidelines to help us, help you! We are all in this together and if we can work as one and support each other, we can ensure a worry free family day out for all.
We are happy to welcome our Members back to the Park after such a long time away! From Friday 26th June your membership/s will automatically have 97 days added onto the end of your expiry date (the length of time which we have been closed). You can work out your new expiry date by adding 97 days onto the expiry date displayed on the front of your Membership card. We will not be issuing new cards until the time your membership is due for renewal and therefore the expiry date on the card will be incorrect for a period of time.
For those annual members whose membership cards expired in March, we will honour the renewal discount for those wishing to renew.
We have now reopened bookings for our VIP Experiences and customers who had a VIP Experience postponed can now reschedule a new date. For those who opted to be on a waiting list, we will contact you with regards to rescheduling a new date. For those customers who asked to have a voucher sent to them, you can now contact us on [email protected] to redeem your voucher.
To learn more about the new measures and guidelines put in place for our VIP Experiences please visit the VIP Experience section on our COVID-19 FAQ page.
Pre-Booked Day Tickets
If you had a pre-booked ticket to visit Drusillas between 21st March and 25th June we are happy for you to select an alternative date later in the year. Please book a new ticket via our online booking system and then send us an email with both the original & new booking reference numbers to enable us to refund your original transaction.
Any other questions
We understand you may have lots of questions and have created a COVID-19 FAQ’s page to help you answer them. If you do have other questions that we have not covered in our COVID-19 FAQ page please email [email protected] and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
As an independent and family run business we thank you for your support and ask that you bear with us whilst we do our best to welcome you all in very difficult circumstances.
We are proud to have been awarded the "We're Good to Go" industry standard mark from Visit Britain. “We’re Good To Go” is the official UK mark to signal that a tourism and hospitality business has worked hard to follow Government and industry COVID-19 guidelines and has a process in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
Please see our Staying COVID-19 Secure poster here.
Sign up to our mailing list to receive all the latest vouchers and exclusive offers!