About Drusillas

HistoryDrusillas Park is a family run business founded in 1922, when the late Captain Ann bought a derelict farm and 20 acres of land and opened the cottage to sell teas to passing motorists. He named the tea rooms after his first wife Drusilla, adding attractions and animals to help boost trade. 

Drusillas remained in the Ann family until 1997 when it was acquired by current owners Laurence and Christine Smith, after selling a nationwide recruitment business. Joined today by daughters Cassandra and Caroline, the Smiths have invested heavily in the Park over the past few years, including successfully securing a deal with HIT Entertainment
to Smithsbring Thomas the Tank Engine to Drusillas.

 

In 2009 Drusillas scooped the prestigious Company of the Year gong in the 21st Sussex Business Awards, in addition to the much coveted Best Customer Service Award. This success came after an earlier triumph at the South East England Tourism Excellence Awards, where Drusillas received the Silver Award for Large Visitor Attraction of the Year.

 

In 2010 Drusillas Park then scooped the top spot in the
Tourism South East Awards, winning the Gold accoladeAward 
and the title Visitor Attraction of the Year. The awards
recognise exceptional levels of customer service and
dedication to raising industry standards in tourism businesses throughout the whole of Sussex, Kent, Surrey,   Hampshire,Buckinghamshire, Berkshire and Oxfordshire. A record number of entries entered the awards and Drusillas fought off tough competition from Leeds Castle, Blenheim Palace, Beaulieu Motor Museum and Ashmolean Museum. 

 

Back to top