Drusillas Park provides a warm welcome and high standards to all our visitors. Risk assessments and policies are regularly undertaken and reviewed to ensure the Park remains as accessible as possible for all guests. Drusillas understands the importance of all our visitors feeling safe and comfortable in their surroundings. We hope the information below will enable you to plan your visit.
Entry, Membership and Pricing
- As of 1st January 2015 disabled visitors will pay the full entry rate. Those that receive DLA or PIP disability payments are eligible to bring with them one essential carer free of charge subject to DLA or PIP written evidence. Such evidence must be shown to staff at our entrance gates. If evidence is not brought the full charge for entry will be required.
- Annual Membership which includes entry for an unnamed essential carer is available. DLA/PIP payment evidence is required for this membership to be processed. The price of this membership is the same as our standard membership.
Rides, Attractions and Queueing
- Drusillas Park is a members of the British Association of Leisure, Piers and Parks (BALPPA) and will do all that is possible to ensure a safe and pleasurable stay. However, certain rides and attractions at Drusillas Park can be physically demanding. We therefore reserve the right to refuse admission to certain rides should we feel there is a danger to a particular individual for whatever reason. BALPPA has been advised by the Health and Safety Executive that refusal on the grounds of safety does not constitute discrimination. Drusillas hopes this is understood and that guests can accept the decision made in the interest of the safety of all.
- Wherever possible we try to assist visitors with disabilities in accessing our rides and attractions. Please click the link to Ride Access for full information.
- Visitors with disabilities that directly impact their ability to queue or to be in large crowds may apply for an Access Pass. Written evidence of DLA/PIP payments and/or written evidence detailing the disability are required for the pass to be authorised.
- Car parking is free.
- All disabled parking is on flat ground close to the main entrance.
- We have numerous dedicated disabled toilets located around the Park and they are situated as follows; 1. At the main entrance before entering the Park, 2. Opposite Explorers Lagoon, 3. Go Wild! and 4. Explorers Café Restaurant. These are all identified in the park map given on entry.
Wheelchairs, Mobility Scooters and Surfaces
- Drusillas is completely wheelchair accessible with flat surfaces and ramps.
- The zoo route is approximately one mile in length and there are ample resting places along the way.
- Wheelchairs are available to hire on request, subject to availability and a £20 refundable deposit. Please call 01323 874100 in advance to make a reservation.
- We do not have powered mobility scooters for hire.
Visibility and Viewing
- Large directional signs indicate the way around the Park through the zoo route.
- Our information signage is all in contrasting colours, well maintained and plentiful.
- Animal enclosures have low level viewing suitable for those in wheelchairs.
- A sensory trail booklet costing 50p is available at the Zoo Entrance.
- Hearing induction loops are fitted to all our four zoo admission gates.
Eating at the Park
- We have a designated picnic area at Drusillas and several of the benches are wheelchair accessible.
- There is fixed accessible seating in Oasis Café.
- Key staff members have attended “Welcome All” training and are fully aware of the needs of visitors with disabilities.
- We pride ourselves in having a large number of qualified first aiders