Drusillas Park provides a warm welcome and high standards to all our visitors:
- Parking - Car parking is free. All parking for the disabled is on flat ground close to the main entrance.
- Rides and Attractions - Wherever possible we try to assist visitors with disabilities in accessing our rides and attractions. Please click the link to Attraction Access for full information.
- Directional Signage - Large directional signs indicate the way from the car park to the main entrance
- Toilets - Disabled toilets are situated as follows: At the main entrance before entering the Park, our main toilet block opposite Explorers Lagoon, Go Wild! and in Explorers Café Restaurant.
- Wheelchairs - Are available on request, subject to availability and a £20 refundable deposit. Please call 01323 874100 to make a reservation.
- Level Outdoor Surfaces - All paths are concrete or tarmac and all paths are accessible by wheelchairs. There are no steps to negotiate.
- Thomas and Friends Train - There is an accessible carriage on the train to take wheelchair users.
- Picnics - We have a designated picnic area at Drusillas and several of the benches are wheelchair accessible.
- Oasis Café - There is fixed accessible seating in Oasis Café
- Low Level Viewing - Animal enclosures all have low level viewing suitable for those in wheelchairs
- Sensory Trail - A sensory trail booklet costing 50p is available at the Zoo Entrance
- Hearing - Hearing induction loops are fitted to all our four zoo admission gates
- Signage - Our information signage is all in contrasting colours, well maintained and plentiful.
- Staff - Over 40 current staff members have attended “Welcome All” training and are fully aware of the needs of visitors with disabilities.
- First Aiders - We pride ourselves in having a large number of qualified first aiders
- Resting Places - The zoo route is approximately one mile in length and there are ample resting places along the way.
- We offer a 'Sensory Trail' with booklet, available from the Zoo Entrance