Go Safari! Kids Rides, Attractions & Train Rides
Awesome kids rides! Are you ready for the ultimate safari adventure?
Get ready for a taste of the wild with Go Safari! Our new African-themed three-ride attraction promises a wild time for explorers of every age.
Are you ready to be taken on the ultimate safari adventure? Soar into the skies with the mighty Hippopotobus, speed through the air on a Flying Cheetah or hop aboard The Safari Express train and take a roar-some journey deep into the heart of the zoo. Little adventurers be prepared for a totally wild time!
The Go Safari! Kids Rides
- The Flying Cheetahs: Climb on to the back of the fastest land animal in the world and be ready to speed through the skies as it takes off into the air. Have a go at taking control, choosing to fly low to the ground or zoom high into the clouds! The Flying Cheetahs ride seats up to four people per cheetah (2 adults and 2 children). Health and Safety Rules: For safety reasons there are certain height, age, size and health restrictions for this ride. Children under 120cm must be accompanied by an adult sitting next to them or behind them. Children under the age of 12 months are not advised to ride. Anyone wanting to ride must be able to support themselves and have upper body control.
- The Hippopotobus: Take your seat on the huge Hippopotobus and feel your tummy flip with excitement as she twirls around and around! Wave to the crowds below as you reach the dizzy heights of the safari sky. Health and Safety Rules: For safety reasons there are certain height, age, size and health restrictions for this ride. Children under 90cm must be accompanied by an adult. Children under the age of 12 months are not advised to ride. Anyone wanting to ride must be able to support themselves and have upper body control.
- The Safari Express: All aboard the Safari Express train, departing from Mungo’s Central Station. With four brightly coloured carriages the train will transport adventurous passengers deep into the heart of the zoo. Keep your eyes peeled as you travel along the tracks… you never know what surprises might appear on the way! Could Snigger and Sneer the laughing hyenas be waiting around the corner or Majesty the great lion be ready to roar as you pass? Don’t miss the beautiful flying flamingos whilst you journey through the tunnel... and beware of the charging rhino! The Safari Express train ride is accessible for all.
- On most Peak Days all of the Go Safari! rides run continuously from 11am to 4.15pm GMT and 11am – 5:45pm BST, although we reserve the right to operate them on a rotational basis when demand is low.
- On Off Peak Days the Go Safari! rides will operate on a rotational basis.
- The Safari Express Train runs continuously on most Peak Days and on the hour on Off Peak Days.
- All the rides are included in the normal price of entry for both day visitors and Annual Members.
Sign up to our mailing list to receive all the latest vouchers and exclusive offers!