Spider Phobia Course
Face your fears and experience a fantastic one-to-one Spider Phobia Course with experts.
Spider Phobia Course
There is no good reason to be afraid of spiders. The vast majority of spiders are harmless and extremely beneficial invertebrates. There are no dangerous spiders in the UK. However millions of perfectly rational people have an irrational fear of them. Why?
No matter how they try to be calm when confronted by a spider the response is always the same - sweating, nausea, panic, rapid heartbeat and sometimes much worse can occur. Do spiders deserve this reputation? Here at Drusillas we think not and we are now offering a course that aims to assist the arachnophobe to not only overcome their fears but to leave with a better understanding of these much-maligned creatures.
Our courses are run by Angela Hale from Drusillas and her husband Ray Hale. Both are Committee Members with the British Tarantula Society
What happens on the day?
- 10.00 Health and safety talk
- 10.15 What are we afraid of? How phobias become stuck in our subconscious mind. Group question and answer session
- 10.45 Everything you ever wanted to know about spiders but were afraid to ask
- 11.30 Group session with Angela and Ray Hale including a gradual exposure to the spiders. (All spiders are securely held in tanks)
- 12.30 Introduction to British spiders and how to recognise and identify them
- 12.45 Learn how to safely, and without fear, remove unwanted visitors from your home. Then a chance to tickle some tarantulas!
- 14.00 Day ends
2022 Dates & Prices
- 23rd Jul / 20th Aug / 24th Sep / 8th Oct
- The day lasts from 10am - 2pm
- Cost is £150 per person (this includes full entry to the Park)
- Maximum of 6 participants per day
- If you have any questions about our Spider Phobia Course call us on 01323 874100 or email [email protected]
- Gift voucher holders will need to contact us to request a booking form.
- We regret that we are unable to make provisional bookings or take bookings over the phone.
- Please make sure you read our Health & Safety information once you book an encounter.
- You may also want to check the spine-tingling fantastic website: The Naturally Wild Company.
Sign up to our mailing list to receive all the latest vouchers and exclusive offers!