We aim to inspire and entertain families, generation after generation
Drusillas Park is a family-run business founded in 1925, when the late Captain Ann bought a derelict farm and 20 acres of land and opened the cottage to sell teas to passing motorists. He named the tea rooms after his first wife Drusilla, adding attractions and animals to help boost trade.
Drusillas remained in the Ann family until 1997 when it was acquired by the current family owners Laurence and Christine Smith, after selling a nationwide recruitment business. Today, the Park is run by their daughter and son Cassandra Poland and Ollie Smith. The Smiths have invested heavily in the Park over the past few years, including the opening UK's largest immersive sensory experience of its kind- SPARK, and the re-development of Hello Kitty's Secret Garden into The Rainforest Adventure.
For a ten year period from 2007 to 2016 Drusillas was one of only two attractions in Europe to have a permanent Thomas the Tank Engine train. In the past five years Drusillas has won a number of prestigious accolades, including Best Visitor Attraction of the Year in the South East England Tourism Awards and Company of the Year in the Sussex Business Awards.
Additionally Drusillas has been featured in the Sunday Times, the Daily Telegraph and The Guardian as one of the best places in the UK for families with children.
We are lucky to have a very committed team and everyone works towards achieving our mission statement that has been in place since 1997...
"To create an outstanding visitor attraction experience that engages and educates children about animals and their environment, whilst also providing them with a fun and exciting day out in safe surroundings"
Our Core Values
- Excellence - We strive for the highest standards and the confident pursuit of high quality work throughout our Park
- Integrity - We are honest, fair, and respectful to all visitors and staff. We treat others the way you want to be treated yourself
- Responsibility - We are duty bound to our staff, our visitors, and our animals to operate with leadership and accountability
- Creativity - We encourage and urge new ways of thinking where it can help the business achieve its overarching purpose
- People - We are committed to creating the best working environment possible and to treat everyone with dignity and professionalism
Sign up to our mailing list to receive all the latest vouchers and exclusive offers!