Terms and Conditions
- All Park tickets, annual membership, character event days, gift cards, vouchers, and experiences are strictly non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for a different date, time, or person. No refunds will be given under any circumstances.
- In the event of force majeure - or any other personal circumstance where your booking needs to be cancelled, amended, transferred, or changed - we reserve the right to forfeit your booking and offer no refunds.
- Drusillas Park admission tickets are not for resale by the end user and are non-refundable and have no cash value. Replacements for lost tickets will not be issued and there will be no refunds for unused tickets.
- All tickets, annual memberships, and vouchers have an expiry date that cannot be extended under any circumstances.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry for any reason whatsoever or to ban anyone from entering the Park without offering a refund or the obligation to provide a reason – this applies to both day visitors and annual members.
- Entry is on a first come first-served basis. Drusillas Park reserves the right to refuse entry in the event that the capacity for visitors at the Park is reached. This applies to both day visitors and to Drusillas annual members.
- Re-entry to the Park will only be granted with a valid re-entry hand stamp or with a valid annual membership card.
- The general admission price is for entry to the zoo, our play areas, and rides from 10am-5pm (GMT) or 10pm-6pm (BST).
- An additional charge is made for our optional activities - SPARK, Panning for Gold, Vertical Limit, Penguin Plunge, and Dino Dig. These attractions are open during most weekends and East Sussex state school holidays – but several are weather dependent. Facilities are not available from the end of October half term until the middle of January due to our Christmas attraction.
- The entrance prices apply to all visitors aged 2 years and over. Under 2’s are free. We reserve the right to question the age of children and/or ask for ID where we think the child might be 2 years or over.
- Drusillas Park reserves the right to repair, maintain, or redevelop any area of the Park without notice. We do not offer a discounted entry price in these circumstances or provide any form of refund or compensation.
- Please be advised that Drusillas Park undertakes mandatory ride inspections every year. We will always aim to plan these works at the quietest times of the year, however please note that there will be significant ride disruption while these works are carried out.
- Drusillas Park reserves the right to alter our prices for day visitors and/or annual members at any time and without notice.
- In adverse weather conditions, we reserve the right to shut the Park early and/or without notice with no refunds or vouchers being issued.
- If weather conditions dictate, we reserve the right to stop or close any part of the Drusillas operation without notice.
- Admission to the Park and use of the facilities are subject to the published last admission and closing times. Entry to the Park will not be allowed after the last admission times: 4pm (GMT) and 5pm (BST).
- All items, belongings and other property brought into the Park by visitors shall be at the visitor's own risk and Drusillas Park accepts no liability for the loss or damage to such belongings.
- Vehicles are parked in our car park at the owner’s risk and Drusillas takes no responsibility for damage caused to any vehicle using the car park.
- By entering the Park, you consent to us photographing or filming you and using the resulting pictures for any promotional purpose without payment to you. If you do not wish to be photographed or filmed, please contact the Visitor Services Office on arrival.
- Drusillas Park will not be held responsible for any photography carried out at the Park by a third party.
- Drusillas Park premises are under constant CCTV surveillance for the protection of property, staff, and visitors.
- All tickets and vouchers whether bought online or at the Park are non-refundable. Under no circumstances will any refunds be given.
- Tickets and vouchers are not able to be cancelled, amended, transferred, or changed without exceptions.
- Tickets or vouchers not used by the expiry date shown will not be replaced, extended, or changed under any circumstances. This includes date-specific, event, and/or special offer tickets which are valid only for the date specified on the ticket.
- Tickets and vouchers that have been lost, damaged, or stolen will not be replaced under any circumstances.
- Drusillas Park is under no obligation to issue vouchers, refunds, or ticket changes if the weather is temperamental or wet.
- The discounted advanced ticket rate is available only when booked at least one day prior to the visit. The full admission on-the-day rate will be charged for on-the-day purchases either online or at the Park.
- In the unlikely event that a transaction is not possible due to any technical reason, the advance online prices will not be made available for tickets purchased on arrival at the Park.
- Tickets bought in advance may be printed on a physical paper copy or shown on a mobile device. Please note we cannot print tickets on-site on your behalf.
- Tickets bought in advance do not guarantee faster entry but are the cheapest rate available. Visitors will still be required to have tickets redeemed and verified at our entry gates.
- Online tickets are not valid in conjunction with other discount schemes or vouchers such as Tesco ClubCard vouchers. These vouchers can only be redeemed when paying the full individual gate price. Please read the terms on any voucher carefully and please follow our webpage for more information about Tesco ClubCard and Drusillas admission.
- Additional tickets such as Santa's Christmas Cottage and SPARK require daily admission tickets to be bought separately. If separate general admission tickets are not bought, then no refunds will be given.
- On selected character ‘event’ days, pre-booking will be required for all visitors to the Park, including annual members. Discounted tickets, free tickets or gift vouchers are not valid on these selected character event days such as Tesco Vouchers, Flexi-Tickets, and half-price vouchers.
- Drusillas Park reserves the right to refuse admission and revoke a membership for any reason.
- Annual membership is non-refundable either in total or in part, under any circumstances.
- Annual membership cannot be frozen or suspended mid-term term under any circumstances.
- Annual memberships are strictly non-transferable.
- It is the sole responsibility of the annual member to be aware of their expiry date and their “period of grace” cut-off point. Renewal reminders are sent as a goodwill gesture and do not form part of the membership terms.
- Drusillas Park reserves the right to alter the prices for an annual membership at any time and without notice.
- Annual membership benefits only apply to the cardholder and are not extended to other family members.
- Any individual found ‘sharing’ membership cards will be banned with immediate effect and no monies will be refunded.
- Drusillas Park reserves the right to refuse any application for an annual membership or renewal thereof, or to withdraw any annual membership once issued, without giving any reason.
- Annual membership expires 12 months from the date payment is taken, not from the date we take or receive the photograph, or the membership card is collected.
- Admission to the Park will not be permitted without a valid annual membership card. A photo ID is not acceptable.
- We reserve the right to challenge or question any annual member on their photograph to identify the individual concerned. We may ask questions to prove the legitimacy to ensure there is no false representation.
- We are unable to process an annual membership without a valid email address. This email address will only be used to contact you regarding important membership information, such as your renewal.
- Annual members are required to book for selected character event days, and as such, are not guaranteed entry unless a ticket has been pre-booked online.
- Drusillas Park has the right to add events that may require pre-booking without prior notice.
- A replacement card, whether lost or stolen, will only be issued subject to verification of identity and is subject to an administration fee.
- Any change of address can be notified in writing either by post or e-mail or in person at the Visitor Services Office.
- Those not yet two years old are free of charge. Any child of a current member who has reached their second birthday will be charged the full daily admission rate or will be required to purchase an annual membership.
- All annual memberships are valid for 12 months from the date of payment. There are no short-term memberships or pro-rata refunds if you wish to terminate a membership prior to its expiry. Long-term pro-rata memberships to synchronise dates with existing memberships are available on request.
- We reserve the right to maintain, refurbish or remove attractions, animals, or facilities without notice and without compensation.
- Under normal circumstances, Drusillas is open 362 days a year. If we are forced to close due to circumstances beyond our control annual membership will not be extended or monies refunded.
- Under normal circumstances, Drusillas provides access to members 362 days per year. However, during times of exceptional demand, character days, or if the capacity of the Park needs to be restricted for any reason, we reserve the right to limit the number of annual members entering the Park on any one day.
- Gold membership is only available to children aged 2-12 years, however please note that our Penguin Plunge slide has an age restriction for children between 5 and 12 years. If you wish to upgrade an existing standard membership to a gold membership the full difference will be charged regardless of the residual term.
- The additional gold membership benefits are available most weekends and East Sussex school holidays, weather permitting. Facilities are not available from the end of the October half term until the middle of January due to our Christmas attraction.
- Standard and gold membership benefits are reviewed each December. Current benefits apply to the calendar year and are subject to change without notification on the 31st of December. Any change in benefits will be effective from 1st January and apply to the remaining term of membership.
- Occasionally we may send email offers to annual members who have opted in for offers and updates. These offers are a marketing initiative and do not form part of the terms and conditions of annual membership.
- Any renewal discount offer is subject to the annual membership being renewed on, or before, the expiry date. A 30-day “period of grace” is offered but it cannot be extended beyond 30 days under any circumstances. All membership cards will be dated from the original expiry date. This offer only applies to a renewed membership and is not extended to new and/or additional family members.
- Any 'Membership Reversal' offer to have your original Park admission fee refunded is only valid within 14 days of the date of the visit and only for those present. Only one entrance fee cost can be used against each membership purchased. It is dependent on providing the original till receipt at the Visitor Services Office or the online booking reference numbers. This offer excludes entry via Tesco Clubcard vouchers, Kids Pass Codes, and/or certain discount vouchers.
- All animal experiences are strictly non-refundable, transferrable, and cannot be changed under any circumstances.
- If a request to move the date has been received, and more than 30 days' notice is given, your experience can be rescheduled at no additional charge. No guarantees can be given over preferred dates and it will be rescheduled based on the best availability only.
- If we are given less than 30 days' notice of cancellation, then we regret that you forfeit your booking and no refunds will be given.
- Drusillas Park reserves the right to alter, change, or cancel the experience for any reason they deem appropriate.
- The duration of the experience mentioned on our website, marketing material, or by a member of our staff, is a guide only and is subject to change.
- Drusillas Park reserves the right to ask any participant to leave the site should they behave in an inappropriate or unsafe manner.
- The minimum age to participate in a Keeper for the Day experience is 6 years old and the minimum age to participate in a Close Encounter is 5 years old.
- The participant must have an up-to-date tetanus vaccination. If we are notified less than 30 days prior to your experience that you do not have an up-to-date tetanus vaccination, we reserve the right to cancel the booking at full price with no refunds given.
- Two participants attending an animal experience must be of the same group or family and have booked at the same time.
- Admission to Drusillas Park is included for all Animal Experience participant/s. If the Keeper for the Day experience participant is under 16, the experience includes a free of charge non-participating accompanying adult. Animal Close Encounter participants under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian, who will require a valid day ticket or annual membership to enter the Park.
- Additional (non-participating) guests will require a valid day ticket which can be purchased online in advance or at the gate on the day. The discounted online price cannot be honoured at the gate.
- Participants for our standard photography days must be 13 years and over. Participants between 13-16 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- For children's photography day experiences, the age range is 6-12 to participate and children must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- In circumstances where the participant has special needs and is over 16, a carer must accompany them throughout the experience (carers must be aged 16 or over). Whilst every effort will be made to accommodate those with a disability or additional needs, due to enclosure practicality this cannot always be achieved; please contact Drusillas Park on [email protected] for advice before purchasing any of our experiences.
- With the exception of the parent, guardian, or carer (in the case of participants aged over 16 with special needs) non-participating guests are not permitted behind the scenes.
- Please be aware of the full Health and Safety practices we require when participating in an experience at Drusillas. If these rules are not followed, we reserve the right to cancel the experience at full price with no refunds given.
Annual Member Experiences Terms and Conditions
- Proof of current Annual Membership is required to request a discount code.
- Additionally, Annual Members are required to proof of membership to request a discount code.
- Discount only valid if the participant has an active Annual Membership on the day of the experience (membership card must be shown on the day).
- Discount codes valid for VIP animal experiences including Keeper for a Day and Close Encounters, codes not valid on gift voucher purchases
- Only one discount code can be used per transaction
- Voucher codes are single-use for one item only. If you wish to purchase further experiences, please request a code for each experience you wish to book.
- For those wanting to book an experience for two participants, a minimum of one participant must have an active membership on the day of the experience
- If none of the participants on the day has an active Annual Membership, the price difference must be paid or you will forfeit the booking with no refunds given.
- We operate a no smoking policy within the Park including the use of electronic cigarettes. Please use designated Smoking and Vaping Areas around the Zoo Route.
- Anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult throughout their time in the Park. This includes participants in our Animal Experiences.
- In quieter periods of the year, please note our rides will operate on a rotational system and some of our attractions will not be available. Please visit our What's Open page for more information.
- Some rides have height restrictions. Please read the signs at each ride entry and observe the rules for your safety. The Ride Operator's instructions must be obeyed at all times and Management reserve the right to refuse entry onto the ride to any person without reason. Safety rules are strictly observed.
- Only food and drink purchased on Drusillas premises may be consumed in our restaurants, cafes, and their outside areas. Separate designated benches are available for picnics.
- We do not tolerate intimidating, antisocial, or aggressive behaviour towards our staff, our visitors, or our animals. Visitors or groups may be asked to leave the Park without a refund of the admission charge if a director or manager thinks it appropriate.
- No dogs or pets are admitted into the Park, except fully trained assistance dogs. Please note that Drusillas requires proof of qualification that one of the following is received; Disability Living Allowance, Personal Independence Payments, Attendance Allowance, or Employment Support Allowance for a fully trained assistance dog to enter the Park.
- Skateboards, roller skates, hoverboards, roller blades, wheeled shoes, bikes, trikes or scooters are not allowed from use in the Park for health and safety reasons.
- Guests are requested to wear a shirt/top at all times.
- Shoes are to be worn throughout the Park for health and safety reasons, except for the Go Bananas trampoline, Spider Mountain, Amazon Adventure play areas, Penguin Plunge, Get Wet, and SPARK.
- Disabled and carer members are subject to the same terms and conditions as an annual membership.
- Drusillas requires proof of qualification that one of the following is received; Disability Living Allowance, Personal Independence Payments, Attendance Allowance, Employment Support Allowance, or an Essential Companion Access Card for a membership to be considered.
- There is no automatic right to a disabled and carer membership. Each application will be considered on an individual basis.
- The Visitor Services Manager will process all applications within the Visitor Services Office. Under no circumstances will the admissions staff at the admissions entrance process applications.
- The disabled individual will be issued one membership card in their name, plus one unnamed carer.
- The membership record will hold a photograph of the disabled individual.
- The disabled individual will be charged the full individual standard membership rate.
- A carer cannot use the membership card without the disabled individual being present.
- Carers must be 16 or over.
- A direct debit facility is available and requires 2 months' payment in advance followed by 10 equal monthly instalments.
- The membership is valid for a 12-month period and if a direct debit is cancelled early, for whatever reason, the full 12 months will remain payable.
- Childminder annual memberships are subject to the same terms and conditions as annual memberships.
- This annual membership is for registered childminders only.
- The cost of a membership is £92 per person (adult or child). Each membership can be purchased for a maximum of 14 people (£1288) or a minimum of 3 people (£276).
- Only two adults can make use of the membership on a visit at any one time.
- The membership allows access to Drusillas 362 days per year but does not allow access to the optional activities and attractions.
- Children are not named or specified on the membership and the childminder may bring any child in their care.
- Only one card is issued per childminder and each card will require a photograph of the registered childminder.
- The annual membership is intended for childminders and children in their care only.
- A direct debit facility is available and requires 2 months' payment in advance followed by 10 equal monthly instalments.
- The annual membership is valid for a 12-month period and if a direct debit is cancelled early, for whatever reason, the full 12 months will remain payable.
- Childminder memberships are not transferable and “belong” to the registered named childminder and a childminder cannot give their membership to anyone else to use, for any reason whatsoever.
- The membership cannot be used without the presence of the registered childminder.
- Official evidence of being a registered childminder is required with each application.
Personal data we collect:
- Identity Data: Includes title, first name, last name, username, and any photographs collected for Membership.
- Contact Data: This may include billing address, delivery address, email address, and telephone numbers. This will vary dependent on the type of booking being made and how this is executed.
- Transaction Data: Includes details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data: Includes your internet protocol (IP) address. We may collect information about your computer including where available your IP address, operating system, and browser type for system administration. This is statistical data about users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual. Your IP address may also be used to monitor visitor traffic patterns and site usage. Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback, and survey responses.
- Usage Data: Includes information about how you use our website, products, and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data: Includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
How do we use your Personal Data:
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide you with our services and products
- To process and fulfill your orders and requests
- To communicate with you about your account, orders, and products
- To send you marketing and promotional materials, where you have consented to receive them
- To improve our website and services
- To comply with legal obligations and protect our legal rights
Legal basis for processing your personal data
We process your personal data on the following legal bases:
- To perform a contract with you, such as providing our services and products to you
- To comply with legal obligations, such as tax and accounting requirements
- To pursue our legitimate interests, such as improving our website and services, and protecting our legal rights
- Where you have given your consent, such as receiving marketing and promotional materials from us
Who we share your data with and why:
Please be assured that we will never sell your data to third-party organisations. However, we do partner with a number of companies that are required to support certain functions where we may need to share your personal data with these third parties in relation to fulfilling our contractual obligations to you. We have specific agreements with these companies with regard to them fulfilling their obligations with respect to maintaining the security of the data they hold and ensuring they comply with the relevant Data Protection Regulations.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. You also have the right to request that we erase any personal information we hold, where Drusillas Park has no compelling reason to continue processing this data. You can choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal data in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by us for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected]
We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, or as required by law. We will securely delete or anonymise your personal data when it is no longer needed.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. No credit card or payment information is stored. Our website payment process is PCI compliant – this is a payment card industry data security standard (PCI DSS) with a set of requirements designed to ensure that we process, store, and transmit credit card information in a secure environment.
Children under the age of 16
We do not intentionally intend to collect information from and market to children under the age of 16 years of age. Children under the age of 16 years will not be able to participate in competitions nor sign up to receive marketing communications from us. If you sign up to receive marketing materials from us we will proceed on the basis that you are over 16.
Children under the age of 18
On some occasions, we may collect and manage data of those under 18. We will always aim to manage this data in a way that is appropriate to the age of the child and will only keep this data for the purpose for which it was collected. Children’s data is usually only collected if you hold a Drusillas Park membership or a child takes part in one of our experiences. We will always try to seek consent from the parent or guardian of the child before collecting and processing this information.
Links to other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites, and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 01323 874100
Sign up to our mailing list to receive all the latest vouchers and exclusive offers!