Thomas the Tank Engine Experience
In 2007 Drusillas Park became the first UK attraction to introduce a permanent Thomas & Friends train ride after securing a long-term deal with HIT Entertainment.
The passenger train ran from Tidmouth Hault, for ten years until 08 January 2017 when the contract came to an end. The Safari Express train replaces Thomas at the Park and is expected to be on the track from the end of March with two further rides (The Flying Cheetahs and Hippopotobus) due to open by June. Combined these three new rides will collectively be known as Go Safari!
Meet Thomas the Tank Engine and his friends and explore the world of Drusillas Park. Go full steam ahead as you pass by the llama paddock and go on the lookout for Thomas’s friends. See our brilliant video below!
Along your journey you will travel past some of the park’s most popular animals including the penguins and llamas, as well as many other cheeky characters in the depths of the zoo.
- Check out our Thomas and Friends video below!
- Board at Tidmouth Hault
- Take a ride on Thomas the Tank Engine through the llama paddock
- See The Fat Controller at Dryaw Halt
- Look out for James in the engine shed
- Try and spot Diesel around the track
- Give Bulgy the Bus a wave as you pass him by
- Look out for Cranky as you travel through the tunnel
- Meet The Fat Controller on our special Events Days
- The last Thomas Train currently leaves the station at 4:15pm.
After your ride with Thomas why not pop into the Station Buffet for hot doughnuts and drinks. You can also visit The Gift Shop where you will find Thomas and friends merchandise, before further exploring the zoo and all of its rare species of animals.