Things To Do On a Rainy Day in Sussex
Due to the current unsettled climate, details on this page may not be accurate. Please check our ‘COVID-19 What’s Open’ page for up to date information.
Check out all the fun rainy day activities you can enjoy even when the weather is wet...
Rainy Day Activities
Are you looking for somewhere to take the kids on a rainy day? Look no further, we have plenty of things to do on a rainy day in Sussex...
In England, the weather can be unpredictable and it can be hard to decide what to do when it’s raining. If you are looking for somewhere to take the kids on a drizzly day, look no further as we have plenty of fun things to do on a rainy day in Sussex.
From our undercover zoo to our heated soft play area, add us to your list of rainy day activities and let us take some of the pressure off when you’re trying to think of things to do when it’s raining.
- You can let your little monkeys run wild in our Amazon Adventure Soft Play Jungle, while you relax with a hot drink from Amazon Adventure Cafe. The indoor play area is the perfect venue for rainy day activities. There are jumbo slides, a large aerial runway, the cannon canyon, netted walkways, spinning poles, the anaconda run and a variety of jumping, climbing and sliding fun. The building is both heated and air conditioned to provide the perfect climate whatever the weather.
- If heading to the zoo is on your wish list of things to do when it’s raining, you can stop to observe our animals on our well thought-out zoo route. We have indoor enclosures, including our Bat and Sloth Cave and Petworld, which means you can stay warm and dry while you wander around the zoo.
- A lot of our interactive exhibits are also undercover. You can pause and milk the cow in the farmyard, learn about how the Maasai people of Kenya and Tanzania live, or guess the capital cities from a list of countries - we like making education FUN!
- Still not sure what to do on a rainy day? Take a pit stop and relax in our cosy Explorers Café. Here we serve fresh food including pizza slices, pasta dishes, jacket potatoes, a salad bar and cakes - all of which can be enjoyed in the comfort of our heated restaurant.
- Coffee and cake more your thing? Grab a Starbucks and head to the Safari Express where you can sit on our undercover train and enjoy the ride through the park with your little ones. With four brightly coloured carriages, the train will transport adventurous passengers deep into the heart of the zoo... you never know what surprises might appear on the way!
- We have multiple indoor gift shops* where you can spend your pocket money or grab a souvenir. From popular character merchandise, to stationary and a vast collection of cuddly toys – there is something for everyone. *Please note some shops may have seasonal opening times, check our shops page for details.
There are plenty of things to do in the rain to help your children burn off some of their excess energy! Widely regarded as one of the best days out in Sussex for families, Drusillas Park has something for everyone, whatever the weather!
Sign up to our mailing list to receive all the latest vouchers and exclusive offers!