Zoo Photography Days
The best possible opportunity to see our fascinating animals at close quarters to achieve that 'pawfect' picture! Learn all about our Zoo Photography Days here...
This is an experience any budding photographer will not want to miss. As part of our Zoo Photography Days, participants will go behind the scenes and venture inside the enclosures of some of our most popular animals. You will encounter characters such as meerkats, penguins, lemurs, sloths, beavers, capybaras, bats, and even our reptiles and bugs! Get ready to take a National Geographic-worthy shot as you come face-to-face with some amazing exotic animals (animals encountered are subject to change and not guaranteed).
Master the art of wildlife photography with our in house professional photographer, who will take you beyond using 'auto' and teach you the fundamentals of composition, lighting, aperture, depth of field, focusing and more. By the end of the day you will be taking more than just an animal snap, you’ll be taking those wildlife photos you always dreamed of. For those who are more advanced, we can easily adapt the course and teach you some extra tips and tricks.
Don’t forget you will have exclusive behind the scenes access to some amazing animals! Alongside our photographer you will also have a dedicated zookeeper with you at all times. They will be on hand to feed the animals, provide information on animal behaviour and answer any questions you may have. All of this helps you to really understand your subject and nail that perfect shot.
- £180 per person
- We can cater for a group of up to six individuals per session
- The day lasts from 10:00am until 3:30pm
- Availability is limited so book your place now and make it snappy!
- Age range for participation on our children's photography day is 6-12 years (must be accompanied by a parent/guardian)
- Participants for our standard photography days must be 13 years and over
- Participants will need to read, agree to, and abide by our Health & Safety Guidelines
- 24th March
- 19th May
- 14th July
- 8th September – Children's Photography Day
- 20th October
Looking to gift a Photography Day? Buy Drusillas Gift Vouchers in just a few clicks!
*Please note children attending our Children's Photography Days must be accompanied by an parent/guardian, price includes entry for this person
What will you need?
You will need use of your own camera for this experience. You are welcome to use any camera you feel comfortable with, however we think the following would enhance your experience:
- Compact camera with optical zoom
- Bridge camera
- Mirrorless camera
- Phone as a secondary camera
Things to remember:
- Make sure your camera battery is fully charged and bring a spare if you can
- Ensure your memory card has plenty of space and bring a spare if you have one
To book your Drusillas Experience, please click the button below!
Sign up to our mailing list to receive all the latest vouchers and exclusive offers!