Feed the Penguins Experience
Do you fancy flinging some fish to your favourite feathered friends?
Penguin Close Encounters
Drusillas penguin feeding experience allows you to get beak-to-beak with our fabulous huddle of Humboldt penguins!
Our Feed the Penguins experience can be purchased for yourself, for a loved one or a friend. A penguin close encounter would make the perfect present for any animal lover aged 5 and above!
The Close Encounter Animal Experience involves feeding the penguins and some fantastic photo opportunities!
This penguin close encounter is an amazing one-to-one experience which allows you to spend time in the enclosure of these gorgeous animals. The penguin feeding experience involves going behind the scenes of our zoo, feeding the penguins their favourite fishy treats, one-on-one time with your Zoo Keeper to answer all your penguin related questions, as well as a fantastic opportunity to get some close up photos of the penguins from inside their enclosure. Please note penguins do not enjoy being touched, so we cannot allow particpants to stroke or hold them.
Your Penguin Encounter
Your penguin experience will last around 30 to 40 minutes and includes:
- Admission into the zoo for the participant
- The chance to feed our penguins
- One-on-one time with a Zoo Keeper to ask any questions you may have
- The opportunity for some close up penguin photography
- An Animal Encounter certificate
- Please note this is a no-contact encounter
- Please be aware that the Penguin encounter takes place in an enclosure which can only be accessed via steps
Vary depending on date. Please see our booking calendar to view prices
- Entry to the Park is included for the Penguin Experience participant(s).
- Participants under 16 must be accommpanied by an adult who will require a valid day ticket.
- Additional (non participating) guests will require a valid day ticket
- Minimum age 5 years, no maximum age!
How to Book Your Penguin Experience
Gift voucher holders will need to contact us to request a booking form. We regret that we are unable to make provisional bookings or take bookings over the phone.
Please read our Animal Experience Terms & Conditions before booking.
Please make sure you read our Health & Safety information once you book an encounter.
Upgrade Your Experience
Can't choose between our animal encounters? Don't! Spend the whole day with us by booking our Keeper for the Day experience and make many new furry friends!
Penguin Feeding Birthday Parties
Book the best birthday party venue in East Sussex for the party of the YEAR!
In our unique and unforgettable birthday party packages, the birthday child gets the chance to feed our penguins in front of all their friends!
For more information about our birthday parties at the zoo please go to our Birthday Party page.
Sign up to our mailing list to receive all the latest vouchers and exclusive offers!